Terms and Conditions
Berry Vintage wants your special day to go off without a hitch and we will work diligently to ensure a flawless occasion on your part. If, however certain events beyond our control should prevent us from meeting our high standards, Berry vintage Wedding and Event Hire will be held blameless. We nevertheless, will do everything in our power to rectify the situation that is outside our normal control.
Deposits and Payments
A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total cost is payable on booking to secure your date. A booking/items are not secured until the non-refundable deposit is paid. Payment needs to be made within 48 hours of excepting a quote. After 48 hours, all items will be released.
50% is due three months before your event
Full balance is due no later than one month of the event
Quotes are valid for 14 days
Set up/pack-down hours are between 8am -5pm. Late or very early set ups will incur a $100- $200 fee
Ceremony set ups are set up an hour before and packed up once the ceremony is over - unless otherwise arranged (3 hour hire)
A distance of no more than 25 metres from carpark to set up location must be allocated. long distances, or difficult access must be discussed early in planning so that appropriate timings and plans can be implemented. Failure to bring such issues to our attention will incur fees.
Parking for a long van and trailer must be allocated.
In the event of cancellation of the booking. cancellation charges are as follows:
Cancellations must be in writing
If the cancellation occurs more than 3 months of the event, we will charge a cancellation fee of 20% of the cost of the event hire
If cancellation occurs 90 days or less from the original event date, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total cost.
If the cancellation is less than 30 days of the event, we do not offer a refund
If cancellation of individual items occurs within 3 months of event date, we reserve the right to charge a cancelation fee of 50% hire cost of the item.
If cancellation of an individual item/s occurs within 30 days of an event we do not offer a refund
No cash refunds are given to unwanted or unused items
Postponements will be treated as cancelations - see cancelation policy.
In the event of natural disasters, pandemics or government restrictions which prevent Berry Vintage from operating as normal or events taking place postponements will be treated as follows
Postponements must be in writing
Postponement of the original booking only
Postpone dates are subject to availability
No cash refunds are given
If an event is canceled after an approved postponement, no refunded is given.
A REFUNDABLE bond will be required two weeks prior to the event to account for any loss or damage during the event. This bond will be returned in full after the event if no breakage, loss or damage has occurred. However, if items are returned unclean, wet, broken or substantially damaged, the hirer will forfeit the bond to the owner. Berry Vintage reserves the right to bill the client if substantial loss or damage occurs above the bond reserve.
Refund of the bond is solely at the owner’s discretion. Refund of the bond will be by direct bank deposit within 14 days of the function.
All items are to be returned clean and dry unless otherwise arranged
Unused hired items cannot be refunded
Breakages and damage
At Berry Vintage Wedding and Event Hire, we understand that some breakages can be unavoidable and reasonable damage (such as a cup) or wear and tear will not incur a fee. However, any discrepancy, breakage, loss or damage MUST be brought to our attention upon conclusion of the event, it is the hirer’s responsibility to check ALL of the equipment upon receipt. All equipment is thoroughly checked, counted, and cleaned prior to delivery or collection from our premises.
Any discrepancies or dissatisfaction must be brought to our attention in person or in writing no later than 24 hours of the event
Equipment and decorations remain the property of the owner Renee and Daniel Berry, Berry Vintage Wedding and Event Hire PTY LTD. All items/hired goods are to be used for their designed purpose only. Berry Vintage accepts no responsibility or liability for damage to property or persons from the use of the hired equipment and items once they have left our place of business.
The hirer acknowledges that they are aware of the proper use for which the goods are designed, have inspected the goods, and agree that the goods are in clean condition, good working order and fit for the purpose of the event. Please note that our items are regularly hired and may not be in perfect condition.
If upon return, the goods are found to be unclean, damaged or missing, not in the same condition as delivered/set up, or not in working order, the hirer shall pay the owner the full expense and costs incurred in order to return the goods to clean working condition or full replacement costs where repair is not possible.
Notice for linen hire (including cushions, mats throws), damage to linen includes but is not limited to – mildew, tears, cuts, burns – sparkler splatters, candle wax, cigarettes, writing or pen marks
A reasonable distance between parking and place of set up MUST be arranged PRIOR to the hire team arriving. Charges may apply and will need to be discussed if reasonable access is not available for set up at the venue site and a large space to park our trailer and van is not available
Cushions, throw rugs, dreamcatchers and flower boards MUST NOT be left outside overnight if the hirer agrees for the times to be collected the following day, after the party the items must be stored in a clean, dry undercover location.
In the event of rain – all our items must be moved undercover.
Our Hours of operation are from Monday – Sunday 8 -5pm. If items are to be picked up outside of these hours, a fee will apply.
If for any reason items need to be restyled due to weather or other unforeseen events – Berry Vintage reserve the right to charge a fee for extra styling/time.
Ceremony hire period is for three hours unless otherwise arranged. Items from ceremony will not be moved and restyled at reception unless otherwise arranged, this is item specific and conditions and fees apply
Reception items are set up on the day, or the day before and packed down the day after. Fees apply for after hours collection
Extended hires need to be requested in writing and fees may apply
Tipis and marquees are usually set up the day before and packed down the day after the event subject to weather conditions.
Lighting is not for DIY hire
Our lighting can only be installed by Berry Vintage staff and cannot be tampered with or adjusted once installed.
A suitable power source must be provided no more than 20m from the set up site.
The power source provided must be dedicated to our lights and we must be able to plug straight into a power socket.
No additional equipment can be added to our power sources and equipment. piggybacking off our equipment is prohibited
In the event that our lights fail, we must be notified immediately.
In the event of bad weather we will do our very best to accomodate. However if it is too windy for the arbours or any risk of damage to our items we reserve the right to refuse using them in unsafe circumstances.
A back up wet weather plan MUST be organised well in advance. If Berry Vintage feel, it is too much risk of our items getting wet or damaged we have the right to refused setting them up until an alternative dry location can be arranged.
Unused items due to weather will not be refunded
In the event of wet weather - wet weather plans must be in place prior to Berry Vintage setting up. eg. If the outdoor ceremony has been decided on it is prohibited to relocated without Berry Vintage authority.
Berry Vintage will not relocated items once they are set up if you change your mind.
In the event of a natural disaster such as a pandemic, flood, fire, earthquake, cyclone etc where we cannot operate due to events, limitations and restrictions out of our control we will work with you to find a solution. Each situation will be accessed individually and postponements can be offered in these circumstances subject to availability.
Our vintage lounges must be returned in the same condition as hired.
DRINKS and FOOD and SMOKING, CANDLES and SPARKLERS are prohibited on the lounges at any time. The lounges are to be used for photo props only. These lounges are very expensive, and any damage during the hire, will be the full responsibility of the hirer. They must be stored under cover overnight.
Our peacock chairs are very expensive and delicate. Strictly One person per chair. The arms of the chairs are not designed to bare weight. In the event that the chairs need to be moved, they are to be carried by the spine. Our Double peacock chair is for Ceremony use only. It must not be moved by anyone other than a staff member at Berry Vintage. Garlands/flowers are prohibited from being strapped to the chairs unless discussed and done so by a Berry Vintage team member.
Our garlands may vary in length and thickness and design, they are all handmade and one of a kind.
Garlands MUST NOT be used near any FLAMES. Where garlands are used real candles are prohibited unless secured in glass pillars however LED candles can be used as a replacement. As the garlands are made out of synthetic material they can easily catch on fire which can cause damage to the venue, a person or melt our garlands. Berry Vintage will be help blameless if flames are used.
Vintage mats, throws and cushions
Smoking is prohibited under our teepee on the vintage mats and throws. And damage due to spills and burns will need to be fully paid for. Mats are not to be used on wet ground or in wet weather. Only the Allocated Dance mats, may be used as a dance floor. Sparklers are prohibited near the mats.
Our gold and rose gold cutlery is not to be cleaned in the dishwasher, hand washing only. All items must be returned fully cleaned and dry. Poorly cleaned items ( rinsed) will incur a cleaning fee.
Our wax LED candles, Must not be stored and exposed to full sun as they will melt and lose their shape. They must be stored in a cool dry location. Wax candles used under clear marquees must not be put out until dusk and stored away after event. Candles must be turned off once the event is over. REAL candles can ONLY be used in the glass pillars when near runners or our artificial garlands. If real candles are used in our glass pillars, they must come back wax free or we charge a dewaxing fee. Tables must also be returned wax free. We do not supply real candles.
Our arbours MUST be pegged into the ground at all times when assemble. Arbours cannot be moved once secured. If you require an arbour to be moved it must be prior arranged with Berry Vintage. Many of our arbours are heavy and delicate and are not to be moved by unauthorised personal under any circumstance. Many of our arbours cannot be used in wet weather, and an undercover option must be provided.
In the event of that our arbour is exposed to high winds, we reserve the right to refuse set up.
Our hardwood trestle tables must be transported using padding. Tables are to be returned clean, wax, stain and dent free.
Fires and Heaters
Fire pits and braziers must not be used within 6m from Berry Vintage Marquees tipis and soft furnishing - lounge suits, cushions, mats, curtains etc Ash, embers and smoke can cause severe damage
Bonfires are not to be used within 20 metres of our items and Marquees and Tipis
Items returned strongly smelling of smoke - fees will apply for the extra cleaning needed
Gas heaters cannot be used with our marquees and tipis unless approved by Berry Vintage
Sparklers cannot be used at any time under our Tipis and Marquees
Candles must be enclosed in glass pillars on tables to be approved for use with our Tipis and marquees
Marquees and Tipis
Access to site via vehicle must be provided
Site must be flat level ground free from flooding
Site must be grassed and mowed. We will not set up on dirt or muddy areas
In the event that a marquee is to be set up on concrete, this needs to be discussed early in the planning.
The site must be free of any overhead restrictions, overhanging tree branches and powerlines.
Nordic Tipi and Marquees
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Copyright 2017 Berry Vintage Terms & Conditions
“Company” means Berry Vintage; tipi hire company “Delivery Date”, “Deposit”, “Equipment”, “Client”, “Price”, “Site” and “Use Period” shall have the meanings as set out in the Quotation. “Period of Hire” means the period from the Delivery Date until the Equipment has been dismantled and removed from the Site.
“Quotation” means the quotation sent by the Company to the Client as set out overleaf. These conditions shall apply to all orders and contracts for the supply of Equipment in the AUSTRALIA by the Company or it’s authorised agents and if there any qualifications or variations to these conditions it is important for the avoidance of doubt that such variations should be in writing.
All orders for goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Client to hire goods in accordance with these conditions and the Quotation.
The Company Undertakes
1. To deliver the Equipment on the Delivery Date and to proceed to erect it for the use on or before the commencement of the Use Period except that if the Equipment is tables, chairs and forms the Company’s obligation is limited to delivery only.
2. To dismantle and remove the Equipment from the Site as soon as reasonably practicable after the Use Period.
The Client Undertakes
1. To pay the Deposit and to pay the balance in accordance with the Quotation.
2. To provide the Company a reasonable period of time before the Delivery Date with an accurate plan of the Site showing all relevant services and any apparent obstacles which may affect the erection of the Equipment and the position on the Site in which the Equipment is to be erected and to advise the Company of any alterations in the Site of which it is aware that may take place after the date that the plan was provided
3. To give notice to or obtain any necessary permits from local authorities and / or the Site owners prior to erection.
4. Not to enter the Equipment while it is being erected by the Company.
5. To keep any part of the Equipment that is a framed structure or a tent completely closed and secure and in particular any door in place and fastened when not in use.
6. The Client shall be responsible for and indemnify the Company against any loss or damage to all hired equipment whatsoever the cause.
7. The Client must provide to the Company proof of having arranged insurance in their name for their hired equipment at least seven days prior to the delivery date of the equipment.
8. Upon payment of the ‘Damage Waiver Fee’ referred to on the quotation then the above clauses 6 & 7 will not apply. Please note the Client will remain responsible for the first $800 loss or damage and will indemnify the Company against any loss of or damage to all Hired equipment resulting from their negligence or legal liability.
9. Not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind without the previous consent in writing of the Company. Naked candle flames, and sparklers are prohibited under or close to the marquees.
10. Not to tamper with the structure or any part of the Equipment and in particular not to affix or suspend from the Equipment any item whatsoever without the Company’s prior written consent and where feasible the Company providing guidance on safe methods to do so.
1. The Company will use its best endeavours to supply the Client with the Equipment ordered but where this is not possible the Company will notify the Client as soon as possible of any alterations to the design and specifications of the Equipment and where the alteration is fundamental the Client may terminate this Contract and any Deposit paid will be refunded.
2. The price is based on the assumption that the Client provides a firm and level site of turf (or some other material not impervious to stakes and able to absorb rainwater) and is served by a firm access road adjacent to the Site with adequate hard-standing for commercial vehicles. The Site should also be free from flooding, trees and overhead obstructions. If this is not case or if the Client wishes the Company to erect the Equipment in a different position on the Site to the one indicated by the Client to the Company at the time of the Quotation there may be appropriate cost increases (relative to the Company’s published price list) owing to per hourly increased labour. Understandings
1. The Price does not include making good any repairs to the Site unless caused by the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents or contractors. Copyright 2017 Berry Vintage Events
Exclusion of Liability
1. The Company will make every effort to complete the erection of the Equipment on or before the commencement of the Use Period, provided that the Client has complied with the undertakings set out above. If the Equipment is not erected before the commencement of the Use Period the Client shall have the right to withdraw and the Company shall return all monies paid. If the Equipment is not erected because of delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond it’s reasonable control the Company shall not be liable to pay further compensation to the Client.
A bond of $500 of the hire is required 2 weeks before your booking date and will be refunded after. Event insurance through your own insurance provider is strongly recommended to cover loss or accidental damage.